Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Gifts Galore

Everyone loves getting gifts.Gift with a bow I love giving them too, especially if I can decorate them beautifully. I feel it adds a little of yourself to the gift, adding a personal touch. An added benefit is that you never run out of wrapping paper!

I always make my own cards and now I also make my own gift wrap. It’s especially easy if you have an A3 printer as you can print out slightly bigger paper. If not, just print two sheets of A4 and join them. Get creative in hiding the tape – it’s really not difficult. I do it all the time with A3 paper too.

Here’s a photo of gifts I gave a friend yesterday for her birthday:

017a

Not just for cake-toppers… I attached a cut-out of the bird to a wooden skewer and threaded it through the ribbon on the gift for just an added bit of whimsy.

019a

The very simple card (my friend loves ‘plain & simple’)…

009a        021a  

The images I used are all from my all-time-favourite-vintage-image-site : The Graphics Fairy. Karen has the most amazing images you can use for absolutely anything!

Here are the images I used: click images for link to original images

 bird Robin vintage graphic--graphicsfairy009bsm    &        image

I grabbed my faithful Photoshop and edited the images till I was satisfied with them. In this case I changed the images to black & white, removed the background to the botanical & also tweaked a few other settings.

The gift paper print is printed on ordinary A3 white printing paper. The card and bird cut-out were printed onto white cardstock.

Here’s a free printable A3 sheet of the wrapping paper – my gift to you!Winking smile

Love,

christmas signature

7 comments:

Angela said...

Your tweaking is beautiful. I really love the wrapping paper!
Angela

Doris said...

What beautiful work...yes less is more work a treat sometimes doesn't it. Stopping by from the Graphics Fairy.

Sweet Pea said...

Love your work so much that I'm going to follow!

WhyCuzICan said...

You did a nice job with the GF Bird image :D

Visiting from Brag Monday at GraphicsFairy today,
Smiles, Suzanne in NW Illinois

Veronica said...

Thanks for joining up Sweat Pea! And thanks to everyone else for all your wonderful comments too- I LOVE reading them!

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

The wrapping paper is beautiful, Veronica! Your friend must have been excited to receive such pretty packages.
Hugs,
Julia

Snežana said...

I like this very much :)