Related Posts with Thumbnails

Friday, May 4, 2012

Art Journaling

artist brushes vintage image graphicsfairy5

I have been absorbed into the wonderful world of art journaling. Yes that’s where I’ve been – swept away into this magical colourful place and covered in coloured pencil scribblings, watercolours, ink and acrylic paint- oh, and tons of gesso!

I’ve been busy with a few online classes this year…

I heart drawing (Jane Davenport)

I then discovered that I should have done Supplies Me first –so I went backwards…

Then Jane started a new magical class on 30 April called Joynal

These classes are so amazing and easy to follow along – click on the links to find out more.

I’ve also started 21 Secrets which features classes by 21 artists all sharing their passion for art journaling. (Jane Davenport also has a class there called “Frolicaholic”).

On Sale Now!

Then from 21 secrets I also found Gina Armfield and started an online live watercolour class called Creativity in Flight

Cifbanner1

So now you know why I haven’t blogged much – I’ve been totally carried away by the artsy fairies.

Here’s a few pics of my art journal that I’ve started with for the Joynal class with Jane Davenport. I am having loads of fun being messy while transforming this old children’s book into my new art journal…

veronica_joynal_week1

My plan is to finish Joynal and Creativity in Flight and then go back and complete the assignments for the other classes. Well, that’s the plan. I’m trying to discipline myself so I don’t go rushing into another class quite yet.

Will be sharing some of my artwork from these two classes soon…

Vxx

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

sounds positively wonderful! Would love to see some of your pages!