Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Thursday already! Can't believe it. Shannon has her last singing lesson today for this year. She has to start working on her songs for her Intermediate exam - she needs to learn 7 songs to perform as well as heaps of theory.
I have to buy a doggie basket today! Went yesterday- but I'm fussy- I want soemthing cute, (& practical)! Will have to drive to Wetherleys. Okay- been to Wetherleys and two pet supply shops- nothing there we like! So it's back to shopping elsewhere now.
We're off tomorrow to Valérie's farm - two nights (or sleeps -as Reece would say). Lookign forward to relaxing and doing nothing! Actually not entirely true- I'm taking along my Christmas baubles that I bought at the Scrapbook Expo. They are clear plastic that come aprt in 2 halves. Then you add photos, decorations like glitter & beads, small little charms and such , and then finish it off with a ribbon. Will post a pic here soon.
Speaking of Christmas decor -I have some pics of our Christmas tree - I was playing around with my camera settings again.... Each year I go through the decision making process of where to stand the tree. First Christmas in the new house, it was in the entrance hall - which looked gorgeous as you enter in the front door, and you could see the lights through the panels of glass on the door as well as the large window - but the problem came when opening pressies on Christmas morning- we had to sit on the staircase as there are only 2 chairs in the entrance hall.

Then, last Christmas we placed it in the lounge - worked well, but I had to move furniture around a little for it to fit properly.
This year, I opted for the family/ bar / snooker room. I like it here as the colours in the room are warmer- (actually the idea for the decorating was to make it more 'masculine' because of the bar - hence the warmer colours).
So I think this is a winner. Also, there's more space and I didn't have to move furniture around. The pool-players may have to have a little tiff with the tinsel- but hey it's only for around a month LOL!

Here are a few of my favourite ornaments...

These little Santas- I picked up for a steal at the CNA around 6 years ago. The must stand at least 6 inches (15cm) tall & their arms and legs can bend into position - so you can get them to hug a branch, lie on a branch, or look like they're swinging from the tree like Tarzan. I can't remember how many I have, but there must be around 10 - I think I paid around R7.00 each at the time - which really was dirt cheap!


My mom gave me this apple (last year, I think). I love the chrystallized effect on it - so pretty.

I bought this little guy in Paris (where else would they have Santa climbing the Eiffel Tower?) Don't you think he is just too gorgeous! I had to have him- he is all of around 10-12cm tall and last year I paid around 9 euros for him- which was then around R90! Eek! (But so worth the memory!)

I need to continue sorting out my studio now, so I'll upload more ornament pics some other time. I probably will only get back here on Monday. Though I have tons to do then as we're having a wine-tasting at home on Monday evening. Our friend Steve, a real whiz at wine is hosting a tasting here at home for us. We've been wanting to have one for years, and finally we get to use our cellar for the purpose it was intended!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, I am a student of Geography at the University of Warsaw in Poland. I'm working on my M.A. thesis about people in South Africa. And I would like to know what do you think and what are your feelings about life in SA :) Would you help me? Please :)
Below is link to my survey if you want help me, thank you!
The survey will take no more than 10 minutes of your time.

http://www.questionpro.com/akira/TakeSurvey?id=1118725

{Candice} said...

Hi Veronica, lovely to see you over at my blog :o)
Your tree is so pretty & you've got a gorgeous collection of ornaments - j'adore le Santa de Paris!
Your blog is looking pretty too, I didn't realise how completely involved you are in digital scrapping these days, your kits are divine - so "you", I think I may just have to buy a few.
{c}
xoxoxo

Veronica said...

Hi Malina, I've done your survey - hope it helps you out. xx

Hi Candice- thanks for popping in here. Ehy and if you want anything of mine- just shout(wink) - I can send you some!